Why Is My Ductless Mini-Split Malfunctioning?
Ductless mini-split heating and air conditioning systems offer many benefits to New Orleans, LA, homeowners, including lower energy costs and improved comfort and humidity control. However, like any other HVAC system, they can malfunction. It may not function effectively, have trouble turning on, or make weird noises. Here are several reasons why a ductless mini-split may not deliver the comfort you expect.
Poor maintenance is the most common reason an HVAC system stops working. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep warranties valid. During your tune-up, a licensed HVAC technician will examine, adjust and clean each component, including:
- Filter: Dirty filters can affect comfort and performance. Clean or change filters every 90 days to ensure they are free of dust and debris.
- Refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant can damage a system. Signs of low refrigerant include poor cooling, odd noises, or dripping from the refrigerant lines.
- Outdoor condenser: Dirt and dust on the coil and fans affect heat exchange, and the system will not cool effectively.
- Indoor air handlers: Cleaning each part of the indoor unit keeps fans and coils working at optimum levels.
- Condensate system: If the condensate tubing is blocked, moisture may back up into the system.
- Heating and cooling cycles: Ensuring the heating and cooling cycles operate as necessary, without any issues.
As simple as it sounds, weak batteries in the remote control can affect performance. The remote turns the system on and off and controls temperature, fan speed, and the angle of the louvers that direct airflow throughout each room. Changing the batteries can solve these performance problems.
If your ductless mini-split doesn’t power on, the problem could be related to wiring. A tripped breaker, frayed wires, or loose wiring will keep it from turning on. Any type of electrical malfunctioning should be evaluated by a trained HVAC professional.
Proper installation is key to optimum performance and a long service life. Our team prides itself on being the leading installer of ductless heat pumps and air conditioners for local homeowners. Call Vallee Air Conditioning and Heating today if your ductless system is malfunctioning or you’re ready for an upgrade!
Image provided byiStock
You May Also Like
Poor airflow is at the root of several HVAC problems. If there’s subpar airflow in your home in New Orleans, LA, your… Continue Reading 3 Possible Reasons for Your Home’s Poor Airflow in New Orleans, LA…
When you notice sounds coming from your Metairie, LA heat pump, it’s normal to wonder if something is wrong. Here, you can… Continue Reading Should Heat Pumps Make Noise in Metairie, LA?…
When a problem arises with your furnace, it’s tempting to DIY the repair as a way to save money. However, the best… Continue Reading 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attempt DIY Furnace Repairs in Metairie, LA…